Participant Recruitment Core (PARC)
The Participant Recruitment and Management Core (PARC) assists BNCD investigators with the recruitment, management, and retention of research participants. Centralizing these services through the PARC allows for the advancement of science in the area of communication disorders by increasing the efficiency of and potential for collaborative research among the BNCD investigators.
The PARC provides the following services for the BNCD investigators:
- Assists with the identification and recruitment of prospective research participants through community outreach
- Manages contacts and facilitates communication with individuals and families who are potential participants for future BNCD research studies
- Maintains a participant database to allow the opportunity to develop longitudinal studies
- Acts as a liaison between the investigators and the Human Subjects Committee-Lawrence (HSC-L) to assure human subjects protection and compliance with the HIPAA privacy act
- Assists with querying, analyzing, and mapping census and other data to ensure an appropriate subject pool